gnupic: MACRO expanding with gpasm

Subject: Re: MACRO expanding with gpasm
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 20 Nov 2001 15:21:36 -0000

Frederic wrote:

> In my file, I get the error 116 (because of the BIT macro), and gpasm is
> talking about pass 1 and pass 2. If I understand, the first one is the
> lexer pass, and the second is the parser pass. Am I right ?

No.  The process I described is used in each pass.

The passes are the number of times the complete source code has been
processed.  gpasm allows forward references to labels.  The two passes
through the source code make this possible.  The label values are stored
on the first pass and used on the second pass.

A label's value should not change from pass 1 to pass 2. Gpasm tests for
this condition.  If it occurs error 116 is generated.  In this case, the
label inside the macro is not substituted, so it appears multiple
times.  It has a different value at the end of pass 1 from the begining
of pass 2.

> Well, I think I will expand this macro manually for the moment. It is not
> very hard to do. Take all time you need to make good job.

That sounds like a good plan.  Could you submit a bug report to
Sourceforge?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpasm/

It will help me keep my priorities straight.  Thanks.