plustek: problem getting Epson 1250 to work...

Subject: Re: problem getting Epson 1250 to work...
From: Gene Heskett ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jul 2002 18:15:48 -0000

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 10:31, Mark Cianfaglione wrote:
>Gene
>
>>Or you could rerun it using the iscan driver from epson which
>> will shut it off as it starts up.  I currently have both
>> enabled, and xsane gives you a choice of which one to use as it
>> starts.  Finding its power cord is inconvienient at best here...
>
>I should have mentioned it that the iscan program didn't work
> either.... I guess that leads into your next paragraph... I'll
> try that tonight...

I don't believe iscan will find it without the kernel rebuild I did
described below, or the right stuff edited into modules.conf.  If
someone has that bit of additions to modules.conf, would you please
post them because not everyone will rebuild a bleeding edge kernel
at the drop of a very small hat like I do.  I long ago made scripts
out of the pair of proceedures to do that, so its basicly an almost
no-brainer here. :-)  A quick edit of /usr/src/buildit to change
the vars to suit the version numbers in each, a quick edit via a
make xconfig to reset the flippin clock to utc, an equally quick
edit of version numbers in /usr/src/linux/makeit, and run it.  Run
the second script as ./makeit, fix /boot/grub/grub.conf and reboot.
If I'm not doing anything else, its < 20 minutes total.  Humm, I
should add that scanner.h edit to those scripts I guess.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M