plustek: lamp is on but scanimage doesnt work

Subject: lamp is on but scanimage doesnt work
From: Heiko Schmidt-Evers ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2002 13:41:22 -0000

Hi list
My Scanner is a Plustek Optic Pro 12000 P.
SuSE 8.0 with KDE 3.0.
I have installed the SANE version from the cds, downloaded the scanner driver
(plustek-sane-0_40_17.tar) and installed it with the manual on
http://www.puchalla-online.de/plustek_install.txt
Everything worked fine. I loaded the driver:

	linux:/home/heiko/scanner/backend/plustek_driver # modprobe parport_pc
	linux:/home/heiko/scanner/backend/plustek_driver # make load
	/sbin/modprobe pt_drv || exit 1
	rm -f /dev/pt_drv*

The Scanner light is on.

But the scanimage and xscanimage test does not work:

	heiko@linux:~/scanner/backend/plustek_driver> cd
	heiko@linux:~> scanimage -L

	heiko@linux:~> xscanimage
	[xscanimage] No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something
          different, check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and
          detected by sane-find-scanner (if appropriate). Please read
          the documentation which came with this software (README, FAQ,
          manpages).

	linux:/home/heiko # sane-find-scanner
	# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
	# to a SCSI bus and some scanners that are connected to the Universal
	# Serial Bus (USB) depending on your OS. It will even find scanners
	# that are not supported at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that
	# is connected to a parallel or proprietary port.

Is there a tool like sane-find-scanner for Parport Scanners?

I'm sorry, but i dont understand this.

Can someone help me, that scanimage will work??

thx,
	Heiko.