gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Re: [PIC] piklab now supports ICD2 and PICkit 2 programmer under Linux

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: RE: [gnupic] Re: [PIC] piklab now supports ICD2 and PICkit 2 programmer under Linux
From: "Chen Xiao Fan" ####@####.####
Date: 21 Feb 2006 00:01:40 +0000

Yes there is a command line called piklab-prog. The settings
still needs to be done in the GUI mode piklab.

> But I noticed from
> <http://piklab.sourceforge.net/devices.php> that the
> 30F3013 is not supported. How difficult would it be to add
> this support? Is it just a matter of testing? I have samples of
> 30F3012/3 and 30F2011/2 which I could test. My current project is
> using 30F3013, so this is the one I really want support for.

I think the codes to support dsPICs are there for ICD2. There
may be some bugs but you can submit the bug report to the
author (Nicolas). He is fast in fixing bugs. So far my testing
is more on PICkit 2 and ICD2 support of 12F/16F/18F device. It
would be nice that you can do the testing for the dsPICs you have.

> Also, does piklab's programmer support showing the silicon revision of
> dsPICs?

I think it should but I have not tried dsPICs yet with piklab.

> One last question: has anyone made debs for this stuff yet?

Not yet and you could do it for Debian/Ubuntu. Thanks.

Regards,
Xiaofan
> 30F3013 is not supported. How difficult would it be to add this support? Is
> it just a matter of testing? I have samples of 30F3012/3 and 30F2011/2
> which I could test. My current project is using 30F3013, so this is the one
> I really want support for.

supporting the 30F3013 is very simple if other dsPICs work. I haven't
tested any yet and I received an email today about them not working...
I'll try to fix that soon... stay tuned.

> Also, does piklab's programmer support showing the silicon revision of
> dsPICs?

Yes that will work.

Nicolas