gnupic: PiKdev 0.8.0 and cpik C compiler available.

Subject: PiKdev 0.8.0 and cpik C compiler available.
From: Gibaud Alain ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jun 2005 15:25:25 +0100

Hello,

I am happy to announce a new version of PiKdev, my IDE/programming software
for PIC based developments.
It has been a long time between this version and the previous one, but
reasons exist for that.

As usually, PiKdev 0.8.0 supports programming of new devices
(18F2550/4550/2455/4455)..

But the most important feature is the support (and availability) of cpik, my C
compiler for pic 18 devices. Two types of projects are now available:
assembly or C, and for both of them, one click is sufficient to obtain an hex
file from source code.

cpik is for me an old project, but was still in my mind
(and only here) six months ago. This  project is now a program, and it
works. Many things needs to be improved, but this compiler can be used in its
current state and  generally produces good code.

I need a lot of feedbacks to improve it. Technical feedbacks.

I propose for this purpose to send me mails, or to use the PiKdev mailing list
cpik can be downloaded on PiKdev site and is for the moment only available
as an executable (no source code).

(http://pikdev.free.fr)

Enjoy,

Alain