gnupic: gplink Question

Subject: gplink Question
From: "M.S.Waters" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Jul 2006 06:35:20 +0100

Hi All,

I'm in the process of developing a PIC bootloader specifically for
Linux based PIC development. At this stage it will be comprised of
the bootloader and a CLI utility to talk to the bootloader. Both the
bootloader and CLI are 70%-80% complete.

The bootloader is made up of 4 ASM modules which are separately
assembled and then linked with gplink. The bootloader is designed to
be installed at the top of the PIC's memory.

I would like to hard code a memory address in one module using an ORG
or CODE directive and have the linker place the remaining modules
after the first. At present I must address all 4 modules separately
which kind of defeats the purpose of using the linker.

I've read the gplink documentation, am using v0.13.3 of gputils and
have tried everything I can think of to no avail.

Could someone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mike W.