gnupic: Re: [gnupic] gplink Question

Subject: Re: [gnupic] gplink Question
From: "M.S.Waters" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jul 2006 05:54:43 +0100

Hi All,

As a follow-up to a question I asked about 10 days ago re gplink
(see below).

The solution was to hard code the start of the boot loader using
an ORG directive in the main module and using CODE directives (with
no address) in the remaining modules. If the main module is passed
to gplink first all following modules are linked as desired.

This is what I was hoping for. The actual problem was due to an
incorrect gplink command line argument.

On Tue, 2006-07-04, Mike W. wrote:
> I'm in the process of developing a PIC bootloader specifically for
> Linux based PIC development. At this stage it will be comprised of
> the bootloader and a CLI utility to talk to the bootloader. Both the
> bootloader and CLI are 70%-80% complete.
>
> The bootloader is made up of 4 ASM modules which are separately
> assembled and then linked with gplink. The bootloader is designed to
> be installed at the top of the PIC's memory.
>
> I would like to hard code a memory address in one module using an ORG
> or CODE directive and have the linker place the remaining modules
> after the first. At present I must address all 4 modules separately
> which kind of defeats the purpose of using the linker.

Mike W.