gnupic: Re: [gnupic] using Byron Jeff's TLVProgrammer

Subject: Re: [gnupic] using Byron Jeff's TLVProgrammer
From: Gibaud Alain ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2006 12:01:39 +0000

Le Samedi 16 Décembre 2006 23:44, Byron A Jeff a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 08:54:23PM +0000, Robert Pearce wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Maxim Wexler ####@####.#### wrote :
> > >OK what about this from .pkprc, negative 5 for instance? Nothing on the
> > >TVLP page about that.
> >
> > I wouldn't expect it to be in that form, necessarily.
> >
> > > .pkprc is a commented list so presumably this is
> > >important info so I can't just put anything in here, can I?
> >
> > You have to obey the file format, but you can specify whatever your
> > programmer needs. As I understand it, each line defines both the pin
> > number and the polarity of a given signal. So the Tait definition reads
> >
> > as:
> > >vpp=-5
> >
> > The Vpp enable control is on pin 5 of the parport (d4) and is active low
> >
> > >vdd=-4
> >
> > The Vdd enable control is on pin 4 of the parport (d3) and is active low
>
> Both of which are the opposite on the TLVP. They are active high.
>
> > >clock=3
> >
> > The programming clock line is on pin 3 (d2) and is active high
> >
> > >datao=2
> >
> > The programming data output is on pin 2 (d1) and is active high
>
> These are correct.
>
> > >datai=10
> >
> > The programming data read-back is on pin 10 (ack?) and is active high
>
> ACK. that's right. and it's active high (or technically non-inverting).
>
> > >rw=25
> >
> > I assume this means there's a read/write selector on the Tait
> > programmer, on pin 25. Not all programmers have this signal.
>
> Pin 25 is a ground. So I'm real confused by this one.

It just means that this programmer doesn't have bidirectional data line
(as 25 is neither readable nor writable, pikdev/pkp does try to use it)
Under pikdev UI, this pin is tagged as NA (non applicable)

AFAIK programmers with RW line are rather unfrequent.
The only one I kwnow is ASIX picolo

The delay=.. parameters allows you to slow down data clock,
to cope with noisy hardware.

Alain