gnupic: blinking leds with usb port

Subject: Re: blinking leds with usb port
From: KHMan ####@####.####
Date: 1 Mar 2013 09:11:09 -0000

On 3/1/2013 4:35 PM, Remco Boom wrote:
> Actually there is a easy solution
>
> Look at this product UM232H-B Datasheet
> <http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Modules/DS_UM232H-B.pdf>
>
> http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Modules/DevelopmentModules.htm
>
> You can use the io in a serial way but also parallel

But FTDI parts are more often available as modules, boards (more
costly) or bare TQFP (more difficult).

A PIC18F13K50 is likely cheaper, or wait a bit and get
PIC16F1454/5/9, probably even cheaper and you can even drop the
crystal/resonator. Most importantly, it's easy to buy a wide range
of PICs from the large electronics warehouse stores.

There is also MCP2200 and MCP2210, but they are I think the same
silicon with a custom program. I took a long look at them for
cheapo USB hobbyist projects but decided to buy PIC18F14K50 so I
can use all the peripherals.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)