gnupic: Thread: pic30.googlecode.com

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: pic30.googlecode.com
From: John Pritchard ####@####.####
Date: 22 Jan 2011 13:46:10 -0000

Hi,

I'm tracking GPL sources from MPLAB C30 (+C32?) on
http://pic30.googlecode.com/
The idea is to have code & patches, rather than just patches.

The current 3.24 branch simply accumulates the usual patches.  My
preliminary outlook is that most of the patches look like overkill -- that a
more minimal patch set for a successful build and install following the MCHP
layout (i.e. /opt/microchip) would be a better idea.

My next step would be to copy the new "gcc-4.0.3" (not the mysterious
"gcc-4.0.2/gcc-4.0.2") structure from /branches/v3_24/ into /trunk/, revert
sources to MCHP originals, generate minimal patches to build, update
installation to reflect an /opt/microchip structure, and then to compare
this with an MCHP LITE Linux install.

The ultimate objective is to be able to match sources to binaries reliably,
and ideally to fix bugs.

Anyone interested in lending a hand is most welcome.

--John

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/john.douglas.pritchard