newscache: Thread: using SpamAssassin for filtering the Usenet articles?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: using SpamAssassin for filtering the Usenet articles?
From: "pna.lists" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 2005 17:43:26 +0100

Is there any patch/plugin available which enables to utilize
SpamAssassin for filtering the Usenet articles?
From: Herbert Straub ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 2005 21:26:11 +0100

Quoting "pna.lists" ####@####.####

> Is there any patch/plugin available which enables to utilize
> SpamAssassin for filtering the Usenet articles?

No, i think there is no such possibility for filtering spam articles. Before i'm
using NewsCache (years ago) i see, that NNTPCache using the NoCeM system [1].
There is an implementation for CNews and INN, see [2]. A fine description can
be found at [3]. If you are interesting to implement this in NewsCache, please
let me know.

I think SpamAssassin is not the ideal way for a NewsCache spamfilter, because
NewsCache fetch only the header information and if a user retrieve the article,
the article. This time is too late. I think the user should not see the header
of a spam article. Therefore the NoCeM could be a better solution.

Regards
Herbert Straub

[1] http://www.cm.org/
[2] http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/sw/c-nocem.html