plustek: Scanner

Subject: Re: Scanner
From: ####@####.####
Date: 1 Sep 2000 14:05:33 -0000

kcstech wrote:

> To all that have helped me with the optic pro 600P. As root I could not get
> scanner to work at all and could not get the debugger to work I switched to my
> normal user and typed in the debug command and scanimage -L and it showed my
> scanner was attached and did a scanimage and it scanned but got a bunch
> jibberish at the console. Now that it seems to work under normal user how do I
> configure xsane so I can see if it scans and sends it to gimp to see if it
> worked. once again thank you all for the help I guess you cannot run it under
> root since it did not work there for me. but its working under my normal user
> is this typical for the installation?

I have run it as both root and a regular user. In most cases you
need to be root to load the pt_drv.o driver. I don't understand
why it didn't work; maybe you could try it again. I use
xscanimage; just start it as "xscanimage plustek" with the driver
loaded and you should be able to do a scan. I have not gotten the
xscanimage plugin to work with gimp, but I understand that the
plugin to gimp does work with xsane. However, I have never used it
so I can't help.

	Kevin