plustek: Bug in version 0.35 (Transparency Mode)

Subject: Bug in version 0.35 (Transparency Mode)
From: ####@####.#### (G. Jaeger)
Date: 9 Jun 2000 15:50:17 -0000

Hi there,

Jochen Puchalla reported a problem with the transparency
mode in the 0.35 driver version, that causes the driver to hang.
It applies only to ASIC 98001 based models like the 9636T and
the 12000T !!!

Now I've found the problem although I currently can't imagine
why it's there, it still exist, but here's the workaround.

If you have problems with the transparency and negative modes,
apply the following changes to file ptdrv.c in the plustek_driver/src
directory:
function ptdrvRead()
line 1275
current content: MotorToHomePosition( ps );

new content:
if( ASIC_98001 != ps->Asic ) {
    MotorToHomePosition( ps );
}

other possibility: delete the line.

Recompile, reload the driver, and the transparency/negative modes
should work again.
If the problem still exists or new problems occur, please tell me.
Thanx to Jochen for reporting the problem.

Gerhard