gnupic: help with gpsim

Subject: Re: help with gpsim
From: Ralf Forsberg ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jan 2002 14:35:42 -0000

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 07:44:28AM -0800, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Belotti, Diego wrote:
>
> > I have two simple questions about gpsim, keep in mind that i've been
> > using it  for a short time (I'm trying to leave mplab and get all
> > working under linux) :
> >
> > --Is it posible to reset time between simulations.
>
> I assume you mean without quiting gpsim. Unfortunately no. You could use
> the profiler to measure execution time between two points. It sounds like
> what you really want is a "Stop Watch" window. Note that in the simulation
> time is displayed in the status line of the register window.

If the profiler's functionality is not what you wanted,
It would not be hard to add a "set to zero" menu item to the menu that
SET created in the register window status bar's time widget. This would
only be an offset that is subtracted from the time that gpsim reports,
and only affect this specific widget.

> > --How can i save the symbols in the watch window, because if I quit
> > gpsim, I have to load all the symbols again.
>
> Unfortunately you can't. One of the items on the Todo list is a session
> manager type tool. This will record symbols in the watch window, break
> points, and other miscellaneous settings. (aside: If the cli could stuff
> info into the gui watch window, then a script could be created to
> initialize the enviroment)

It should be possible for interface.cc to access WatchWindow_add()...

 / Ralf