gnupic: using EPIC parallel port programmer from linux?

Subject: using EPIC parallel port programmer from linux?
From: Jesse Lackey ####@####.####
Date: 19 Mar 2002 01:17:36 -0000

Hi all,

Before digging/experimenting further, has anyone gotten the
microEngineering EPIC plus programmer to work from linux ?

I called them and they don't support linux and have no interest in
releasing code of any type.

I've been fiddling with dosemu and the DOS version of their software
can't find the programmer.  The dosemu/parallel port question arose on
this list before, and the suggestion is to disable the kernel from
grabbing the parallel port hardware on boot.  I don't know how to do
this, BUT, it doesn't matter as their DOS software doesn't support the
16f877 anyway.

So - in the offchance that someone is using this programmer with linux,
got some tips to share with me or the list ?

Thanks in advance!
Jesse

(I downloaded version 2.3 and 3.0 alpha of "prog84", and am going to try
to modify / configure for this programmer, is my current line of attack)