gnupic: Rep:Re: Rep:Re: picprg

Subject: Re: Rep:Re: Rep:Re: picprg
From: Carlos Nieves Onega ####@####.####
Date: 21 Mar 2002 19:36:37 -0000

El jue, 21-03-2002 a las 16:06, Byron A Jeff escribió:

> > There are now two versions which were born from
> > original picprg from Brian Lane. Byron made one and
> > the other is which I modified.
> > I only want to join the two versions into one. AFAIK
> > the only main difference is the number of processors
> > supported by each one.
> > That's shouldn't be a difficult task. I have read
> > that BAJ's picprg support 16F84, 16F87x, and 16F62x.
> > Anyone missing?
> > My version support 16F84, 16F876 (I have not tested
> > with others, but I think it should work with 16F87x,
> > because the programming algorithm is the same). So I
> > should add support for 16F62x and we will have the
> > same funcionality which both versions.
>
> The same programming algorithm that you already have should work for the
> 16F62X parts. The only issue is the addresses. The original PICPRG only
> programmed up to address 0x400. We really need some way of autodetecting
> those addresses.

It has been solved storing the programming parameters in a text file,
loaded when necessary. You only have to select the chip you want.

> Another couple of things that my version is missing.
>
> * Jesse informed me that the erasure code in my version is incorrect. I hope
>   to get a chance to take a look at it next week.
> * The data EEPROM programming code doesn't work for the 16F87X parts. I haven't
>   tested for the 16F62X parts.
> * Jesse needed to add a code mod for the EPIC programmer. It would be nice if
>   that mod were configurable from the config line.

I have tested mine with both 16F84 and 16F876. The erasure and e2prom
writing is right.

What change is necessary so EPIC could be used? Is there any
schematic/protocol specification I can take a look at?

Carlos

> > I think I can do it in little time. But I wonder what
> > do you think about this. I don't want to be the only
> > one using  this version.
>
> Well as discuss in other parts of this thread we really need to combine all of
> the patches into a single comprehensive, well maintained app. The question is
> if anyone has the time or the guts to do it.
>
> I'm probably not the right person for the job simply because I don't use
> my programmer on a regular basis. As discussed on my TLVP page:
>
> http://www.finitesite.com/d3jsys
>
> I'm a bootloader person. So I really only use the programmer to drop the
> bootloader code into the part. After that I program directly from the serial
> port. So part of the problem is that I personally won't see many of the
> functional problems because I don't use it enough.
>
> Just some thoughts.
>
> BAJ

mensaje enviado desde http://www.iespana.es
emails (pop)-paginas web (espacio ilimitado)-agenda-favoritos (bookmarks)-foros -Chat