gnupic: gpsim breadboard

Subject: Re: gpsim breadboard
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jun 2002 14:01:33 -0000

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Ralf Forsberg wrote:

> It is now kind of usable.
>
> What is implemented:
>  Adding modules and nodes.
>  Creating and connecting (and disconnecting) nodes to pins.
>  Removing nodes and modules.
>  Positioning modules.
>  Saving (no file selector yet) to a .stc file. Saves module libraries, modules
>    (and module positions), nodes and node connections.
>
> What will be implemented:
>  Module library dialog for adding libraries.
>  File selector for saving.
>
> What may be implemented:
>  Saving/changing module attributes.
>  When moving mouse over a pin, draw (straight) lines to connected pins.
>  Your suggestions.
>

> I managed to create this yesterday:
> http://www.acc.umu.se/~rfg/dump.gif
> (It's the breadboard, with a three bit adder implemented with logic gates,
> connected to a pic that drives an 7-segment led.)

This is impressive!

> (Sorry about the xor-symbol :-)
>
> I also managed to create a latch, it seems you are not limited to
> combinatorial logic. (Oscillators won't work though :-).

The stimuli logic will happily propogate state. If that state happens to
be fed back into the input (like in an oscillator), the stimuli engine
will hang forever. Perhaps I need to add a counter in there to keep track
on how many times the state gets propogated.

> (This is still a work in progress, there are bugs. But if you do try
> it and find bugs that you think I might not know about, then mail me.)

I think once you fill that the bugs are mostly out, then it's time for a
new release. I also have a few bug fixes that several people have
submitted that need to get into a new release.

Scott