gnupic: ethernet on pic

Subject: Re: ethernet on pic
From: Ulrich Dziergwa ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jun 2002 06:54:20 -0000

Hi,

I am thinking about a similar thing. But my solution is a little bit
different. I will use a wireless ethernet bridge, it will connect a
small ethernet network on a mobile device with my home network. The
ethernet enabled controler, it may be a pic, will be connected with the
bridge. If there are more controlers on the mobile device, I will use a
small hub. Bridge and hub are powered by small DC voltages (5 or 8
volts) so batteries can be used. With this appoach, you can use ethernet
and TCP/IP as the network on a mobile device and avoid writing drivers
for the wireless cards.

Best regards

Ulli