gnupic: ethernet on pic

Subject: Re: ethernet on pic
From: Robert Warner ####@####.####
Date: 4 Jul 2002 03:23:49 -0000

On Friday 28 June 2002 09:52, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Deva Seetharam wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > sorry, i am asking a question which is slightly unrelated.
> >
> > is there an implementation of ethernet for pics? or is there any other
> > protocol that takes care of low-level details such as medium access
> > control?
>
> Bob Warner has been working on such an application. From the bug reports
> he's sent I can tell you that it stresses the limits of SDCC! I don't know
> much about the software (except in how it breaks SDCC [or would that be
> vice versa?]), so maybe Bob can tell us more?

Hi,

Haven't looked close enough at my e-mail lately.  Yes I'm working on
something similar.  However mine is not wireless, but I believe that is only
a limit of the wireless controller versus standard controller used.  Still
attempting to port the microchip TCP/IP stack to the SDCC.

The PICDEM .net board from microchip has a TCP/IP stack on a 16F877
http://www.microchip.com/1010/pline/tools/picmicro/demo/pdemnet/
http://www.microchip.com/1010/suppdoc/design/netdez/
They also have docs on thier implementation of the TCP/IP stack
http://www.microchip.com/1010/edit/prelease/archive/9_292/
http://www.microchip.com/1010/suppdoc/design/netdez/stack/

Hopefully, all the following links will be helpful.  Feel free to ask more
questions, but I may have to suggest talking microchip.  Micorchip has
training on their stack, but I do not recommend it.  It is really training on
their http server.

Bob Warner
btw Scott, thanks for pointing out i missed this mail ... ;)