gnupic: ADC using an RC circuit instead of a ADC port??

Subject: Re: ADC using an RC circuit instead of a ADC port??
From: "RAY MCDONALD" ####@####.####
Date: 31 Aug 2002 01:00:42 -0000

From: "Ray McDonald" ####@####.####

To: "Martin Peach" ####@####.#### ####@####.####

Be careful making measurements with a simple RC circuit.  You are measuring
a relatively quick signal with variation that will confound your A/D
readings.  The
RC circuit is a non linear (exponential) type of integrator and I would
expect you would like a rather quick
instantaneous type reading which may need synchronization with the engine
RPM and crankshaft timing.

I believe that I would use an external A/D with an included sample/hold
function which could be strobed
when each measurement was needed.  Depending on the required A/D resolution,
you may be able to use a serial
interface or if bandwidth is a problem then a parallel data out unit would
be needed.

Hope this helps

Ray McDonald