gnupic: hiccoughs on the learning curve.

Subject: Re: hiccoughs on the learning curve.
From: Declan Moriarty ####@####.####
Date: 30 Sep 2002 09:17:15 -0000

Was it Ralf Forsberg who wrote on Saturday 28 September 2002 13:43:

> > I opened the docs, and chased through with Acroread (for linux of course)
> > as it's search is good. I failed to find that one. Might be me.
>
> What did you not find? I see the frequency command is not in the docs,
> but try entering 'help frequency' at the gpsim prompt.
>
> gpsim> help frequency
>
> frequency [value]
>         This command sets the clock frequency. By default gpsim uses 4 MHz
>         as clock. The clock frequency is used to compute time in seconds.
>         Use this command to adjust this value.
>         If no value is provided this command prints the current clock.
>         Note that PICs have an instruction clock that's a forth of the
>         external clock. This value is the external clock.
>
> If you want to change the frequency more permanently you can create
> a .stc file that contains the command.

> > > I tend to lose my notes surprisingly quick. You can put feature
> > > requests here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsim
> > > (You could add an entry for the TMR1-bug there too.)
> >
> > I did. I added a few things. Although with a (seemingly immutable)
> > watchdog at 0.018 secs, a crystal speed of 32.768 khz is going to reset
> > fairly quick
> >
> > :-(
>
> You can change the watchdog period by modifying the option register.
>
> Or if you want, you can disable the watchdog in the configuration word.
> 	__config _wdt_off
> in your .asm file.

THANKS FOR THAT! That is one of the better kept secrets in this thing. Am I
correct I can set many of the options for the config word, with syntax such
as that in the .asm file? Does gpasm then write a config word? Where can
I find the syntax for any other settable options?
I grepped around once I had the answer and found an 'obvious' example in an
'obvious' place /usr/src/gpsim-0.20.14/examples/14bit/p16f877_test2.asm

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Without the optimist, the pessimist wouldn't know how happy he isn't