gnupic: __config directives (was hiccoughs on the learning curve).

Subject: __config directives (was hiccoughs on the learning curve).
From: Declan Moriarty ####@####.####
Date: 30 Sep 2002 13:45:53 -0000

Was it Scott Dattalo who wrote on Monday 30 September 2002 10:44:

> > > Or if you want, you can disable the watchdog in the configuration word.
> > > 	__config _wdt_off

> > THANKS FOR THAT!

> The __CONFIG directive and all of the configuration options are describe
> in the MPASM user's guide. Recall that gpasm is an open source
> implementation of MPASM. You may also wish to read about the configuration
> bits in the data sheet on the 16f877. In addition, you can look at the
> 'F877 include file to see how all of these components are defined. I
> suppose it was only fortuitous that gpsim had an 'obvious' example of the
> __CONFIG.
>
> Scott

Huh? MPASM? (pause for thought) - Oh yes, that's the windoze based thing. If
I had stopped to read what they wrote, I'd still be reading and never have
written any software at all yet :-o.

As things stand, I have the project software drafted, and am debugging. It is
a strange feeling to have a linux programmer suggest reading windoze
documents :-). Thanks for the idea though; I'd never have thought of it :))).
I did boot up M$ windoze, installed MPASM and took one look at that with my
sons here one day. We all agreed that whatever we were going to use, it
wasn't MPLAB.

grep found this and similar references; This one is in

~/mplab/template/Code/f877temp.asm
        __CONFIG _CP_OFF & _WDT_ON & _BODEN_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _RC_OSC & \
_WRT_ENABLE_ON & _LVP_ON & _DEBUG_OFF & _CPD_OFF

; '__CONFIG' directive is used to embed configuration data within .asm file.
; The lables following the directive are located in the respective .inc file.
; See respective data sheet for additional information on configuration word.

(Boots windoze and comes back)

So I can set the configuration word, ID blocks and all  with this __config
statement? That's what the mpasm help says. If I set the configuration word,
will I have to change to int32 hex format also like they appear to say? The
16f7877 only has  a 16 bit configuration word.

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Without the optimist, the pessimist wouldn't know how happy he isn't