gnupic: OT - Rick Mann

Subject: Re: OT - Rick Mann
From: Rogier Wolff ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2002 10:07:48 -0000

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:36:50AM -0700, Rick Mann wrote:
> on 10/23/02 12:32 AM, Rogier Wolff at ####@####.#### wrote:
>
> > FYI: I will refuse to respond to "please acknowledge this message"
> > requests. I've arranged my anti-spam measures not to bother you,
> > you take your measures and don't bother me with it.

> A very few people share that sentiment. I find it selfish and
> rude. I do try to preemptively whitelist people I know or from whom
> I expect messages.  However, if someone sends me unsolicited email,
> then it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to answer the
> challenge. It only takes seconds. If you don't want to reply, for
> some unfathomable reason, then you don't need to speak with me.

You sollicited a reply by posting to the mailing list. I reply to the
mailing list, and copy you, as you're "most interested" in the reply.

And you have your software require me to do extra things to get my
generously contributed advice to you?

> I'd understand if you were challenged every time you wrote in, but
> that's not the case; it's a one-time thing after which you're
> automatically whitelisted.

Oh, I get challenged ONCE by you, once by everyone else. One spam
message is no problem. 1000 a day is. One challenge is no
problem. Getting one (or several!) on every message posted to a
mailing list IS.

(I get about 1000 spam-related messages a day. You think YOU have it
bad?)

				Roger.

--
** ####@####.#### ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
* The Worlds Ecosystem is a stable system. Stable systems may experience *