gnupic: gpasm-0.10.4 alpha error messages

Subject: Re: gpasm-0.10.4 alpha error messages
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 14 Nov 2002 14:16:32 -0000

My goal for gpasm is to generate identical outputs when error free
sources are assembled.  When an input source has an error, the user
should be alerted in some way.  In this case gpasm worked.  If this is
your only complaint, I can take a vacation.

When the source has an error it is very difficult to respond in exactly
the same way as mpasm.  I don't have the mpasm source code.  They have a
completely different parser, so there will always be differences.
Whenever possible, I have tried to make them similar, but it isn't my
first priority.

In general, always fix the parse errors first.  They often cause other
errors.

I will look into this missing quote condition, but I may not change
gpasm's behavior.