gnupic: Get PAID To Take Surveys!

Subject: Re: Fwd: Get PAID To Take Surveys!
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 5 Dec 2002 10:42:16 -0000

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 10:18, etienne buxin wrote:
> i receive plenty of those mails (prizes-surveys-dvd-pornsites-etc) through the gnupic mail-list. I
> don't see in wich way they are related to PICs, or µC, or electronics.

Of course not. Spammers don't care if the product they're advertising is
relevant to the people they send it to. They work on the basis that if
they send an advert to thousands of people, a few are bound to be
gullible enough to respond.

> Isn't it possible to let only the subscribed people post on the gnupic list, and to not forward
> the posts from other adresses?

Yes it is possible and I'll do it if enough people want it, but there is
one drawback: every address you want to post to the list from needs to
be subscribed to the list. Ezmlm doesn't have a "holiday mode" to allow
you to subscribed addresses which don't receive any messages (you can
use digest mode though). There is a moderation feature which I could
activate though, where messages sent from non-subscribers go to me for
moderation instead of directly to the list.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer