gnupic: sdcc pic14 support

Subject: sdcc pic14 support
From: "Charles Lepple" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jan 2003 17:13:03 -0000

I realize that the PIC 14-bit support in SDCC is still beta, but I'm
trying to see if I can't make some of it work for one of my projects. If
there's any way I can help, I'd be glad to pitch in. I have a few proposed
additions and questions, though.

I'm using the PIC16C765, and so far I have a working p16c765.h from
inc2h.pl. I had to patch inc2h.pl slightly because Microchip combined some
register definitions (i.e. UIR and UIE have bits with the same name, as
well as UEP0, UEP1 and UEP2). Should I post diffs to this list? Or whom
should I bother to get write access to SDCC's CVS tree?

What's the "proper" way to set the __CONFIG flags? I saw something in the
code about assigning to address 0x2007, but I'm not really sure how to
express that in C such that SDCC will parse it.

Also, how should I indicate that a function is an interrupt handler?

Is bank switching functional? gpasm complains that the address of one of
my variables changes from pass 1 to pass 2, and the difference in
addresses is a multiple of the bank size.

Finally, is there any way to give hints as to which bank a variable should
be placed in?

Thanks in advance,

--
Charles Lepple ####@####.####