gnupic: gpsim and usart module

Subject: Re: gpsim and usart module
From: Mike Rothon ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2004 18:43:02 +0000

Fabien,

<< what about support for interrupt, timer, ... in gpal ? >>

Your question is similar to mine, here is the answer from Craig:

>> I would like to start using GPAL but am unsure of its current status.
>> The features I want are fairly basic, however I will need to toggle port
>> pins and responder to timer interrupts. Is it possible to do this yet
>> with GPAL?

You can do it, but it requires a mix of assembly and pal code.

>> On reviewing the examples in gputils-extra, its implied that there is a
>> "header" pragma, however the compiler errors at this.

That pragma was removed before the release.  I am setting up the new
processor files now.

>> Checking the code produced by a simple test program looks very good, the
>> interrupt vector locations (0x04 and 0x05 on a 16f877) are skipped, so I
>> am hopeful that interrupts are or will be supported. I cannot however
>> find any reference in the docs.

I am adding the interrupt support in 0.12.1.  You can do it now, but
again it requires mixing assembly and pal code.

>> I am using the 0.12 release.

I have made many improvements in gputils.  Some are in CVS.  I will
commit more changes over the next few days.  I hope to release 0.12.1
shortly after that.