gnupic: schematic capture for gpsim

Subject: Re: schematic capture for gpsim
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jul 2000 02:22:11 -0000

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, James Cameron wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 02:38:38AM +0200, Ralf Forsberg wrote:
> > What do you mean with encapsulate? Make a widget of it?
> > How do you do that?
>
> No, not make a widget of it, but replace the menu and outer window with
> a GTK implementation instead of the odd widget library being used.

I suspect that it'd have to be an all or nothing deal. The Xcircuit drawing
window is an Xt thing. The schematic capture logic is deeply entrenched with Xt
calls. Perhaps these could co-exist with gtk. I don't know...

> > It's also not GPL. It has the artistic license.
>
> If your plans conflict with the license, ask the license owner to make
> an exception for you or a specific project.

I contacted Tim Edwards (the author of Xcircuit) and am awaiting his answer. I
basically asked about gtk, the Xcircuit license and about how hard it would be
to support something like `dynamic symbols' (i.e. encapsulations of the modules
I've created).

I also have joined the gEDA mailing list and will try to solicit opinions from
there too.

Scott