gnupic: C-compiler...

Subject: C-compiler...
From: "Xavier.Montagne" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Sep 2000 08:58:09 -0000

Hi GNUPIC's members !

I've tested some compiler like AnyC and Pic_cc. It seams to be nice
compilers but they don't give exacly the same result than my C-compiler with
MPLAB ( PCW of CCS company ). For instance, the files generated by Pic_cc
are different from those generated by my pcw compiler, and the asm is a
PARALLAX one. And you need to be carefull with the syntax of the C file to
allow the compiler to work properly...

In my opinion, the best and easier one is the the Picc_cc, coming from
SMALL_C, another compiler for microcontrolers.
Because I've not found what I expected, I've decided to developpe a
open-source C compiler, wrote in C++ to make easier to understand and to
perform this compiler. Actually I've just begun and now I can tell you it's
quite difficult to write a C compiler ( particulary the management of the
errors in the source file ) !!

At this moment my compiler works quite well, but it's just the beginning ...
I manage declarations of variables and functions, operations of variables
and constant, and for-while-if loops ...

I hope to spend enough time to propose a first version of my compiler before
the end of October.
I hope too it's not too late for the needing of some people... be patient !

CU
Xavier