gnupic: .COD file problems with MPLAB

Subject: Re: .COD file problems with MPLAB
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 13 Sep 2004 03:43:59 +0100

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Craig Franklin wrote:

> Aaron Colwell wrote:
>
>> I've been having trouble using MPLAB with the .cod files generated by
>> GPLINK. After looking at
>> the code for a little bit, I figured out that making the following change
>> allows MPLAB to properly
>> read the .cod files.

<snip>

> This is a known problem.  Not only with gplink, but gpasm.  It is first on
> the gpasm TODO list in the source code.
>
> It hasn't been changed because it requires gpsim to be changed too.  If gpsim
> makes a release soon we could change it.  Scott, what are your plans?

I had wanted to make a release of gpsim a while back, but there were too
many things that needed to change. Some of the major changes have been
made, but (as some can surely attest) they've created bugs too. The last
major change I need to make has to do with triggers/actions (what formerly
were just break points). And the biggest aspect associated with this
change has to do with using expressions as inputs for things like break
points.

Once that is done, I have to go through and update the documentation.

2 days ago I bumped the revision of gpsim to 0.21.3. However, this was not
a release. One option is to make the gputils change, then I can update
gpsim and make an interim 0.21.4 release. The earliest I'd be ready for a
major release will be 4 weeks.

Scott