gnupic: gputils linker/assembler integration in higher level language

Subject: re: Re: gputils linker/assembler integration in higher level language
From: ####@####.####
Date: 22 Sep 2004 13:36:06 +0100

>Do you also post to this list as "pico"?  I don't want to get confused
>about who I am talking to.
No, pico is away (sicc), i using his outlook account and finish some
projects.

>These look like the HI-TECH directives.
>Am I correct?
Yes

>We have planned to add directions for high level languages.  The line
>number directives were added, but nothing else.  It hasn't been a
>priority.  I have looked at other directive sets, but was never
>completely happy with any of them.

>Are you suggesting this directive set because it is the best in your
>opinion or because you are familiar with them?
I have proposed it because this are just a starting point and the mnemonic
is already in use, so it probably don't have naming problems.
This matches the requirements.

It's possible to define a interface from the asm to the obj files, that
contains linker informations.
This can be
#pragma link ...
or
  opt link ...
or
  list l="xxxx nn"
or .link or whatever.
All the proposed opcode can be a macro of the new linker directive.

I need a hint from you, how this should be implemented.
ie: what asm opcode i can/should choose in order to generate a
comment in the obj file, that are prepend to the linker lkr file before
parsing the lkr specifications.

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl