gnupic: gputils COD fixes

Subject: gputils COD fixes
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 25 Sep 2004 20:26:27 +0100

I have started a new branch in cvs, cod-branch.  The purpose is to
correct problems with gputils COD files.  This will improve
compatibility with other tools such as MPLAB.

The main problem is that 18xx devices were using word addressing not
byte addressing.  There are probably other issues.

Of course, these changes will be incompatible with gpsim.  At some point
in the future, the changes will be incorporated into gputils and gpsim
and a major release of each tool will be made.

I will make informal releases of the branch for people to try.  All
these releases will be here:

http://gputils.sourceforge.net/cod

I made the changes I know about, but I did very little testing.  So use
at your own risk.  If you try it, please let me know any problems you have.

I really need someone to step up, do some testing, and provide bug
reports.  I rarely use MPLAB, so this isn't a priority for me.  This
would be a good way to contribute to gputils.