gnupic: req - gpsim hotkeys !?

Subject: Re: req - gpsim hotkeys !?
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 27 Oct 2004 15:21:32 +0100

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, David McNab wrote:

> Hi gpsim h4x045
>
> Love the program. It's saved my butt on many an occasion.
>
> Just a few small issues:
>
> 1) I can't figure out how to drive the GUI from the keyboard. When hunting
> particularly elusive bugs, this can be hard on my mousing hand. If hotkeys
> are supported, can anyone please tell me what they are and/or how to
> configure them? If hotkeys are not yet supported, might I humbly plead for
> such a feature to be inserted high on the TODO list?

Dave,

I agree that this would be nice. It is in my TODO-GUI list under the topic
of key bindings. In the source browser there are a few hot keys for single
stepping, stepping over, running, and finish (execute until the next
return). In addition, you can right click on things and bring pop up
menus. However with gtk+-2.X, there is an issue with right-clicking in the
register window. What you need to do there is select a register (by left
clicking) and then by right clicking on a spot in the register window that
is not a register. In addition, the register fields are not directly
editable anymore.

> 2) Command shortcuts - I know that TAB autocompletes, but I'd really love it
> if gpsim could automatically disambiguate commands - allowing:
>  'br e 0x55e' for 'break e 0x55e'

Have you looked at macros? Also, you can specify a symbolic label instead
of 0x55e. Also, you can go to the source browser at line 0x55e and double
click on the little gray bullseye to set a break there. Finally, you can
right click on the source line to bring a pop-up menu that will allow you
to set breaks.

Anyway, I'm well aware of the user interface deficiencies and have a
project going on the side (a side with many, many facets I might add) that
is addressing the gui.

Scott