gnupic: PIC vs GPL question

Subject: PIC vs GPL question
From: David McNab ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2004 00:12:49 +0000

Hi,

I'm familiar with the requirements when using 3rd-party GPL software
when developing programs for distribution - eg, thou shalt provide
source code to the 3rd party GPL code, plus everything that links to it.

But what's the situation if I'm using 3rd party GPL code in my PIC firmware?

If I market a PIC-based consumer applicance, and my firmware internally
uses a 3rd-party GPL'ed library, does this mean that I have to enclose
the full firmware source code, including my own code, in the appliance's
packaging? If so, would it suffice to enclose a printed disassembly
listing in the back pages of the appliance manual, or would I need to
also enclose machine-readable media such as a CD?

--
Cheers
David