gnupic: question - GPDASM and register names

Subject: Re: question - GPDASM and register names
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2004 14:26:54 +0000

####@####.#### wrote:

>For the compiler writer, this is a additional utility like objdump.

Looks like your archive is missing at least one file, picdis.h.  I can't
compile it.

Did you create this tool?  It looks the author combined the source of
three existing tools, picdis, djgpp source code, and a simple COFF
object file viewer.

>It's not intended to replace the gpvo. Currently, only the 16xxx range
>processors are supported. The tool disassembles a absolute or relative
>object file in a human readable form ( nolist option ).

I can't compile it, but judging by the source code I don't see many
capabilities beyond gpvo.  What am I missing?

I am curious.  What was your motivation for creating the new tool?