gnupic: Need EE/Flash ROM recommendation

Subject: Re: Need EE/Flash ROM recommendation
From: ####@####.####
Date: 6 Nov 2004 02:04:53 +0000
Scott Dattalo wrote:-
> Like Julian suggested, you ought to check out WinBond and their ISD series
> parts. I just completed a project that was based on the ISD5116. This part
> has 4Mb and is capable of 16 minutes of reasonable audio. The interface is
> straight forward I2C. In addition, it integrates much of the analog
> subsystem that you need to build a digital recorder/playback.
>
> http://www.winbond.com/e-winbondhtm/partner/b_2_a_4.htm
>
> The work I did on this part was performed under an NDA, so I can't release
> the code. But I can help with some technical details.

Yes !! This has got to be the best solution [which I never thought of]:
 ISD has been doing this stuff for years.
Didn't they make the 'sounding' birthday-cards  -- a mass consumer
item level product; compatible with pic volume/prices ?
Or telco answering machines.

Is it easy to save the digital audio captures to separate IDE files,
for later randomly selected re-down-load to the ISD chip for
play back ?

I.e hack the intended configuration, to be able to accumulate a lot of
telco voice recordings saved on IDE for later random access replay.

Or is the data from the CPU/dsp to the flash-mem not accessible ?

== Chris Glur.