gnupic: PIC18E Extended Instruction Set

Subject: Re: PIC18E Extended Instruction Set
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 31 Dec 2004 03:32:16 +0000

George M. Gallant wrote:

> Please read the errata before jumping on this device. Microchip seems
> to have outdone itself
> this time. The work-arounds regarding multi-word instructions and
> interrupts leave much to
> be desired.

I assume your comments are directed at me.  I am the only TO on your list.

I am not using the device, only adding support for it in gputils.  The
device is in production.  The features being discussed are in the latest
version of Microchip's tools.  So even though the devices have some
issues, gputils should fully support them.

Errors aren't unusual with new devices.  Especially when device features
like this are added.  The silicon will be revised and hopefully fixed.