gnupic: gputils development status

Subject: Re: gputils development status
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jan 2005 06:21:09 +0000

Geoff Horn wrote:

>On Thursday 06 January 2005 02:58, Craig Franklin wrote:
>

>>There have been some questions about the gpal development status I
>>discussed in the gputils-0.13.0 announcement.
>>
>>The status of each tool can be determined by adding the -v or --version
>>argument to the command line.  That will return the version of the tool
>>and its status.  Each tool in gputils has its own status.
>>

><snip>
>
>Craig can you give a hint as to when gpal alpha status might be reached? Is it
>in the far future, or just around the corner?

I have had several plans and dates.  Each date has come and gone, so I
hesitate to make any more promises.  I wish I could give you something
more definitive.

A variety of things have caused delays.  About the only one I can
control is the amount of time I spend on the other tools in gputils.  I
have spent more time chasing gpasm problems in the last few months than
I planned.  I probably need to ignore a few gpasm problems and new
features until I get gpal operational.  I did the same thing when I was
working on the gplink.

Lets see how the next few weeks go and I will update everyone.