gnupic: GPASM - problem with building of COD file for many source files

Subject: Re: GPASM - problem with building of COD file for many source files
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2000 13:00:49 -0000

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Wojtek Zabolotny wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just compiled the examples for gpsim-lcd module, and get the following
> message:
> "Warning - too many files for the .cod file to handle"
> Does it mean, that gpasm can not build the COD files with file name table
> consisting of more then one block?
> I don't know the GPASM internals enough to state how to cure that problem,
> but I think that the number of source/include files can be counted during
> the first pass, and the correct number of FNT blocks may be calculated...
> --

Okay, after a quick look I discovered that gpasm is limiting the total number of
files that the .cod file can handle to 8. It's going to take a little effort to
fix this (but it's not too hard). The .cod file does not get corrupted when this
warning is printed, so you should be okay using it with gpsim.

Scott