gnupic: gpsim spec file bug

Subject: Re: gpsim spec file bug
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jan 2005 05:12:58 +0000

Craig,

I *really* appreciate you sorting gpsim's rpm mess out. I've given you
administrative access to gpsim's CVS sourceforge repository so you've got
full control (including kicking me out if you want :) ). I realize
that you probably only need developer access, but it's probably good to
have a couple of admins just in case...

I hope it's easier for you to just check in the gpsim rpm spec changes
you've made directly into CVS. But if you want me to handle them, then let
me know.

As far as splitting the spec into a user only and a developer one, I think
this is a good idea. As it currently stands, the gpsim executable is
relatively small. However, when invoked it'll load up the 4 libraries:
libgpsim_exdbm, libgpsimcli, libgpsimgui, and libgpsim. So these libraries
are needed for the user RPM (unless we want to create a single, static
image). Additionally, the library libgpsim_modules contains the built
in modules (like resistors, leds, switches, etc.). The header files are
not needed at all for the user RPM. (But this may change when the socket
interface is completed).

Scott