gnupic: GTK+Extra2.0 dependency hell

Subject: Re: GTK+Extra2.0 dependency hell
From: Dominique Laigle ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jan 2005 19:51:04 +0000

Geoff Horn wrote:

>On Sunday 09 January 2005 16:00, Scott Dattalo wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Geoff Horn wrote:
>>

>>>Why the dependancy (apart from invested time/experience) on GTK, why not
>>>fork to a more stable graphics library like qt3, or even FLTK?
>>>

>>Geoff,
>>
>>GTK+Extra has nothing to do with GTK. It is not managed by GTK team.
>>They're completely separate.
>>
>>GTK is stable. GTK+Extra-2.0 is not stable.
>>
>>So, I *have* made a conscientious decision to remove gpsim's dependency of
>>GTK Extra. The fork is a branch in CVS called gui2. This was discussed
>>about three months ago or so. Since then, I've written down a loose set of
>>features that I want in the new gui (it's in CVS and called TODO-GUI).
>>

><snip>
>
>Yes, I remember. I just wondered why all the recent talk about GTK+Extra if it
>was on its way out. I was beginning to think it had been rehabilitated.
>
>Thanks for the rest of your explanation Scott. I'll look forward to gui2 in
>the fullness of time.
>
>Geoff

>.

Hi, there

If you need a GTK sheet widget, take a look at this image:
http://homepages.internet.lu/lainal/images/neurocompile.png
Both sheets here are synchronized: the vertical bar makes both table to
scroll and the horizontal bar make both table to scroll horizontally.
Colums can be set editable or not individually and data set can actually
be either integer or float.
I used it for a neural networks tutorial tool... If it helps, the files
to use are "edittable.c/h" and "editsheet.c/h".

/Dominique