gnupic: gpdasm/gpsim disassembly output

Subject: gpdasm/gpsim disassembly output
From: David McNab ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jan 2005 00:30:47 +0000

Jeff wrote:
 > On Wednesday 27 October 2004 07:58 pm, David McNab wrote:
 >>Is there any way to persuade gpdasm to output register names instead of
 >>numbers?
 >>Eg:
 >>     BSF STATUS,RP1
 >>instead of:
 >>     BSF 0x3, 0x6
 >
 > A first cut at this can be downloaded from
 > http://home.pacbell.net/theposts/private

 > and look at the test.dasm file. Is that the sort of thing you had in
mind?

I applied the mods and followed the instructions, but gpdasm is still
not automatically decoding SFR addresses to names.

What I'm wanting is an option to make gpdasm generate similar
disassembly to gpsim - where known SFR addresses and their constituent
bits are decoded to names.

I've worked around the shortfall by loading hex files into a gpsim
console, doing a full disassembly, then copying/pasting the full
disassembly from the console into a file.

Not quite ideal, but gives me what I need.

I'll probably do a hack to gpsim so that a single command line can
choose a processor, load a hex file (eg 'myfile.hex'), and spit its
disassembly to a file 'myfile.dis'.

Cheers
David