gnupic: PICDEM for the new usb chips

Subject: PICDEM for the new usb chips
From: Ben Dugan ####@####.####
Date: 2 Feb 2005 16:21:49 +0000

I'm sorry if this is redundant-- I've been only half-paying-attention
recently to the discussion here about development for the new Microchip
USB PICs.

Has everyone seen this PICDEM board for the new chips:

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en021940

This board is $59 on their site and is supposed to ship out on February
23rd.  They claim its got everything needed to get going, including a
bootloader already in the chip, so it might be another way around the
problem I've seen refered to here of getting the bootloader in at the
very beginning.

I'm just not clear on how much work would be needed to do the further
development under linux.  This board is shipped to be used with MPLAB,
of course.

Ben