gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Re: Odyssey and Trivial 16FXXX HVP

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Re: Odyssey and Trivial 16FXXX HVP
From: Tsu Do Nimh ####@####.####
Date: 1 Mar 2005 22:47:02 +0000

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:25:17 -0500, Detrick Merz ####@####.#### wrote:
> Byron A Jeff <byron <at> cc.gatech.edu> writes:
>  >
>  > On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 12:23:08PM -0500, Detrick Merz wrote:
>  > > If anyone is using Odyssey under Linux to program a 16F628A or
> 16F872 in
>  > > a Trivial HVP, could you tell me if the following odyssey config
>  > > settings look right:

> I've had some more luck with this... after bringing the DMM into work,
> and looking at what the pins on the parport cable were doing.  Long
> story short, it helps if you turn your parport *ON* in the BIOS *runs
> and hides behind a tree before he gets flogged for not 'checking the
> power cord' first'*.  So, as it turns out, once you turn on the parport,

I'm glad you posted!  I want to go back to some earlier self-abuse and
see if this isn't relevant to my problems getting an elCheapo to work
on the parallel port.

I'm still going through the fount of information I'm getting after
following Jeff Post's recommendations yesterday (in re: PS+ and picp).

I'll post a summary.  Maybe (shades of what's to come from me :) there
should be a Frequent Great Mistakes "FAQ"?

Yours,

Tsu