gnupic: Objects compiled on FreeBSD: Compatible with MPLINK on Windows?

Subject: Objects compiled on FreeBSD: Compatible with MPLINK on Windows?
From: Iain Dooley ####@####.####
Date: 18 Apr 2005 13:34:52 +0100

hi there, i've got some object files that i compiled on my FreeBSD box with:

gpasm -c -I /path/to/includes files.asm

i run FreeBSD at home but the labs at uni use Windows and the MPLAB IDE to program the PicDem2 Demo board using an ICD2 USB hardware programmer.

the first hiccup came when i wrote a test program at home and then tried to build it on the windows machine. the MPLAB IDE recognises Unix line endings, but MPASM doesn't. i ran unix2dos on my source file and include files and the project then assembled properly, however when it came time to link with the object files i compiled at home, the IDE crashed (stopped responding).

when i got the source files from home and compiled them on the windows machine they linked fine. has anyone else experienced this? i looked for an 'mpasm safe' type option to the gpasm assembler but couldn't find one.

cheers

iain