gnupic: [gnupic] Article on Programming PICs in Linux

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Article on Programming PICs in Linux
From: ####@####.####
Date: 21 Apr 2005 20:57:15 +0100

Martyn Welch wrote:

Nice articles.  I never found those in all my "googling".  I'll have to
read through them more... especially the SDCC article.  I did use
PICC-Lite once, and although it was easy enough to use, it didn't generate
the debug info for use with gpsim... but then again, there is probably a
place to configure how it calls the assembler.  not sure.  I believe when
I was using gpsim before I had to use a -g argument to get the source code
browser but not anymore.  I'm not entirely sure though.

Also, regarding programmers, I used the programmer built in to PikDev
before with my epic Plus, however, I no longer use KDE nor do I have a
parallel port.  I'm now using a Kitsrus K 150 USB programmer and trying to
figure out how to get Rick Altherr's pp program to work.  Once I get that
going I'm going to write a GUI for it in GTK and write an article on that
whole deal.

- Micah Carrick
http://www.micahcarrick.com