gnupic: Re: [gnupic] help - DIY PCB manufacture

Subject: Re: [gnupic] help - DIY PCB manufacture
From: niv levy ####@####.####
Date: 29 May 2005 17:17:50 +0100

Hi,
I've used transfer methods to make a few PCBs a year
or two ago. I used a cheap photo paper meant for an
inkjet which i ran through a laser printer ( i think i
paid ~5$ for it - but it was in Israel).  The paper
was then ironed on the board, using a piece of Al foil
(to avoid dragging it around and improve the heat
transfer) for a minute or two, putting lots of
pressure on it. I dissolved the paper in a solution of
water and bleach ( pretty low concentration - i don't
remember the exact numbers - use gloves in any case)
for ~30 - 60 min as far as i remember.
 The thinnest tracks i could get were 12 mil (0.3mm)-
10 mil also came out, but appeared very ragged, on the
edge of usability.
let me know if you want more details - i'll try
finding my notes from back then.
niv