gnupic: SDCC pic port status

Subject: SDCC pic port status
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 18 Nov 2000 21:01:23 -0000

About once a week I post a blurb on this:

gpasm file format outputs are almost complete. Good news is that gpasm can be
used to compile the code. Bad news is that gpasm doesn't do any linking. But for
the time being, that's the way it's going to be. This way I can create scripts
that take the output of SDCC, assemble it with gpasm and test the accuracy by
simulating with gpsim (in command line mode of course).

casting from smaller to larger types is now supported. There are some 8051
assumptions that during casting SDCC makes in generating the intermediate code
that are inappropriate for the PIC. Or I should say it's appropriate, but can be
done much more efficiently with the PIC assembly language. Unfortunately,
changing this logic means diving into the guts of SDCC - something I'm going to
avoid until later.

bit addition is supported.

I think all of the addition cases are tested. However, I'm going to get the
testing infrastructure with gpsim established before I migrate to the other
operators.

---------

While I'm listed as an author at the SDCC Sorce Forge web page, I still don't
have write access. Sandeep (the main SDCC author) is aware of this. The result
is that I can't check my stuff into CVS. At this point in the game, it wouldn't
be of much use too anyone. But if you're curious:

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/sdcc.html

Scott