gnupic: Re: [gnupic] PIC under Linux developpement Howto

Subject: Re: [gnupic] PIC under Linux developpement Howto
From: Martyn Welch ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jul 2005 09:17:02 +0100

Hi Phillippe,

I started work on a set of tutorials to cover this a little while back at
http://www.warpedlogic.co.uk. They're a little ropey at the momment, however
I'm going to be doing more work on them soon.

I have also been working on some board designs for a programmer and basic PIC
demo boards which I hoped to provide as CAD files, schematics, boards, kits
and completed units within the next year on my site, to make it easier for
those that don't currently have the electronics background.

I will be writing all the code under the creative commons licence and I'm
planning to have the board designs freely available as well for those who
want to fabricate them themselves. I decided that the best approach would be
to provide everything, down to circuitry as I know I found one of the hardest
things when moving from development under windows (which is where I was
taught) to Linux was finding hardware (available at low cost in the UK) with
broadly working software on Linux.

Micah Carrick [1] also provides some info on his site, though both his and
mine are in English.

Martyn

[1] http://www.micahcarrick.com/v2/content/category/4/2/8/