gnupic: Re: [gnupic] PIC-based PIC programmer?

Subject: Re: [gnupic] PIC-based PIC programmer?
From: acemailone ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jul 2005 23:49:28 +0100

Hi

Some time ago I got a couple of PIC16F88 chips. I had only ICD1 that I
build myself but this is not working for 16F88.
So I built a programmer based on 16F877 to program one 16F88 with a
bootloader. Then I rebuilt this programmer to be based on 16F88.
I wrote the firmware for this programmer, and currently supports only 16F88.
To program other chips this firmware can be changed or a new firmware
can be created.

The bootloader of the 16F88 that is the programmer is a modified version
of Sparkfun bootloader. I did some changes regarding code bumping.

For now my programmer creates 5V and 13V using 7805 and LM317 but I
found a schematic to use the charge pump of MAX232 to generate the
programming voltage. This way it will require only 5V as power for the
programmer.

The PC application implements a serial protocol to talk to the
programmer. This is done in Delphi but can be ported to any language.

If there is any interest in this I will try to upload some
files/pictures in the file section.

Adrian